Forest View Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, Color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Forest View Hospital does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, Color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Forest View Hospital provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as;
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Tish L., Office of Recipient Rights, (616) 301-0528.
If you believe that Forest View Hospital has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, Color, national origin, age, disability, or Sex, you can file a grievance by mail, phone or fax:
- Office of Recipient Rights, Forest View Hospital, 1055 Medical Park Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- (616) 301-0528
- (616) 954-3110 (fax)
If you need assistance filing a grievance, contact Tish at the number noted above.
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.